AU Press Releases
Five Alfred University students receive Garabedian Foundation Scholarships
Five Alfred University students will receive Garabedian Western Humanities scholarships, awarded annually to students whose academic work shows promise in humanities. Recipients are selected by the faculty in the Division of Human Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
The scholarships are presented by the Bertha and John Garabedian Charitable Foundation of Fresno, CA.
Garabedian Scholarship recipients for the 2009-10 academic year are:
• Hannah Certis, a junior history major. A graduate of Iroquois Central High School, she is the daughter of Marcy Ramsdell of Varysburg, NY, and James Certis of Buffalo, NY.
• Nicholas Clark, a junior. Son of Jeffrey and Lori Clark of Milford, NH, Clark is a graduate of Milford High School.
• Sonrisa Crespin, a junior history major, whose parents are David Crespin and Susan Elliott-Crespin of Burlington, NJ. Crespin is a graduate of Burlington Township High School.
• Rebecca DeCrisofaro, a senior history major. Daughter of Nicholas and Patricia DeCrisofaro of Hope, RI, she is a graduate of Scituate High School.
• Timothy O’Toole, a freshman who plans to major in history. A graduate of Hilton Central High School, O’Toole is the son of Michael and Denise O’Toole of Hilton, NY.