CAMPS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR SUMMER 2020
Intermediate to Advanced Equestrian: June 29 - July 2, 2020
Enrollment Deadline: June 1
First Touch Beginners Equestrian: July 20 - 22, 2020
Enrollment Deadline: July 17
We will again be using CampDoc for our online registration system. We are again partnering with CampDoc (an online registration program) to better serve our campers and staff. CampDoc offers online registration and an electronic health record system for campers. The CampDoc site is secure, encrypted and password protected. Only Alfred University Summer Health Staff will have access to camper health information.
To gain access to our online application, please use the following link (we support the current and previous major releases of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari):
Alfred University will be offering two (2) day camps for campers entering grades 1 through 7 for all level of riders from beginners through advanced. These camps will help define and achieve personal riding goals during the days of the camps. Campers will ride and care for their assigned horse throughout the camp as they refine their skills and having a fun and enjoyable time while on our campus.
All camps are held at Alfred University's Bromley-Daggett Equestrian Center. This spacious equestrian center includes classrooms, viewing areas, a 200' x 800' indoor arena, 50 stalls and two outdoor arenas (200' x 100' and 80' x 100').
This Equestrian Day Camp is open to riders with intermediate to advanced levels of riding skills, entering grades 3 through 6:
- The camp runs from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday
- English and Western instruction is offered
- Campers are assigned a horse to ride during the week and are also involved with the hands-on care for that horse
- Each camper has 2 sessions of riding each day
- When campers are not involved in riding they will be busy with arts and crafts projects and other recreational activities as well as learning stable management skills
- A horse show will be held at the end of the day on Thursday so campers can demonstrate for their parents the skills they learned throughout the week
- Each camper is asked to bring their own lunch. Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
- Campers may bring their own horse if desired (should this be the case, campers must notify the Director prior to attending)
Enrollment Deadline: June 1, 2020
Day Camp Fee: $326.00
This "mini" camp is designed for the beginner that has a passion for horses. Emphasizing safety first, the aim of this camp is to build confidence in each camper while they learn to handle, care for and ride horses. Other topics that will be covered will be horse behavior, activities based on studies that tell us a little more about how horses think and what naturally motivates them to learn. Finally, education will be offered in horse anatomy, horse tack, grooming/handling and riding. This is the perfect camp for those with little-to-no experience with horses and want to learn!
Sample Schedule: Camp runs from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM, Friday through Sunday
- 8:30-9:30 AM - Horse Behavior Activities
- 9:30-10:30 AM - Horse Education: Anatomy, tack, grooming/handling
- 10:30-10:45 AM - Break/Snack
- 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM - Riding
Enrollment Deadline: July 17, 2020
Day Camp Fee: $185.00
Day Camp Enrollment Procedure:
To enroll in camp, please complete the online registrations form by May 1. (We support the current and previous major releases of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on a rolling basis.)
Day Camp Cancellation Policy:
Refunds will be made for camper cancellations received prior to June 1.
Camp questions should be directed to Peggy Shank, Director, Summer Equestrian Day Camps, Alfred University: 607-587-9012.
Alfred University is located in the peaceful village of Alfred in Western New York State. Surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful meadows and valleys, Alfred University is the perfect place to spend an enjoyable week doing something you love and meeting other students who share your interests.
The University may cancel any course or activity at any time because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled or postponed, the University will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for other costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.
Whether considering candidates for admission or financial aid, applicants for employment or the management of its policies and school-administered programs, Alfred University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or disability. Alfred University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.