Football Prospect Camp for 2021
Alfred University typically offers many sports camps during the summer, both residential and day. For 2021, and with coronavirus safety precautions in mind, we are pleased to announce that several camps will be available on-campus for in-person instruction in a day camp, non-residential format. And while all proper safety protocols will be maintained, there's little doubt your camper will be thrilled with being active and learning alongside their peers once again!
Session 1: Sunday, June 6th
Application Deadline: June 1st
Come join Alfred University's Saxon Football coaching staff for a day-long skills clinic. Clinics will be held on Alfred University's Merrill Field. Start time will be at 12:30 PM with registration and will end at 5 PM with "Camp Farewell."
- Times for the Day Camp: 12:30 - 5 PM
- Location: Alfred University's Merrill Field
- Registrations are not refundable
- Parents are encouraged to attend
Who Can Attend?
Any football player about to play their 11th or 12th grade season.
The camp will be run by Head Football Coach Bob Rankl who is entering his 23rd season at Alfred University. Coach Rankl lead the Saxons to ECAC Championships in 2015, 2017, & 2018. He also lead the 2016 team to an undefeated regular season, an Empire 8 Championship and a trip to the elite 8 in the NCAA Playoffs. In the past 10 seasons AU has won more games than any one team in the Empire 8.
Further information, including a detailed camp schedule, dress and attire, supplies and other requirements will be sent upon acceptance.
The cost is $50 payable upon registration.
How To Apply:
We are partnering with CampDoc (an online registration program) to better serve our campers and staff. CampDoc offers online registration and an electronic record system for campers. The CampDoc site is secure, encrypted and password protected. Only Alfred University Summer Health Staff will have access to camper information.
To gain access to our online application, please use the following link (we support the current and previous major releases of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari):
Acceptance Next Steps:
The program director will evaluate all applications and determine who will be accepted. Acceptance and non-acceptance notifications will be sent via email. Once campers are accepted, they will be directed to pay the camp tuition and will be provided with the official schedule and online platform information. Any questions should be directed to Bob Rankl or Matt Lake.
- 12:30-1:15 Registration - Joyce & Walton Family Center
- 1:30 Introduction of Staff- Merrill Field
- 1:40 Practice Session begins-Run and Stretch
- 2:00 Individual Skill Development by Position
- 2:38 Water Break
- 2:42 1 on 1’s (WR’s/DB’s & RB’s/TE’s/LB’s) O-Line & D-Line Individual Skill Development by Position
- 3:01 O & D Pass Game Organization
- 3:08 7 on 7 Pass Skelly ------ O-Line & D-Line Big Man Challenges
- 3:27 Water Break
- 3:32 Individual Skill Development by Position
- 4:10 Water Break
- 4:15 1 on 1’s (WR’s/DB’s & RB’s/TE’s/LB’s) ---- O-Line & D-Line Individual Skill Development by Position
- 4:34 O & D Pass Game Organization
- 4:41 7 on 7 Pass Skelly ------ O-Line & D-Line Big Man Challenges
- 5:00 Camp Farewell, seniors meet with your recruiting coach and handing out of camp t-shirts
- 5:10 Optional Campus Tour for anyone that is interested. (We will wait for everyone to be ready before we send out the tour. Please let us know at registration if you would like to go on the campus tour.
*Purple will be on offense & White will be on defense in the first half of practice. We will switch in the second half. Thanks for joining us for our prospect camp!
What to Bring:
- Field Turf Shoes
- Practice Shorts
- Workout T-Shirt - Please wear t-shirt from your high school program)
Alfred University is located in the peaceful village of Alfred in western New York State, where summer days are warm and nights are cool and comfortable. Surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful meadows and valleys, Alfred University is the perfect place to spend an enjoyable week learning more about a favorite subject and meeting other students who share your interests.
The campus, a 6-hour drive from New York City, 2 hours from Buffalo and 1 1/4 hours from Rochester, is easily accessible by car or bus from all directions and is located just five miles south of Interstate 86. The nearest major airport is the Rochester International Airport (about 65 miles north).
Whether considering candidates for admission or financial aid, applicants for employment or the management of its policies and school-administered programs, Alfred University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or disability. Alfred University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.