Date: June 2, 2019
Come join Alfred University's Saxon Football coaching staff for a day-long skills clinic. It will be held on Alfred University's Merrill Field. Start time will be at 12:30 PM with Registration and will end at 5 PM with “Camp Farewell.
Who can Attend?
Any football player about to play their 11th, or 12th grade season.
Enrollment Deadline: May 31, 2019
NEW for 2019: CampDoc all-in-one registration system. Learn more about CampDoc!
- Cost of Day Camp: $50.00 - PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY REGISTRATION FORM (We support the current and previous major releases of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on a rolling basis.)
- Times for the Day Camp: 12:30 - 5 PM
- Location: Alfred University's Merrill Field
- Registrations are not refundable
- Parents are encouraged to attend
- 12:30-1:15 Registration- Joyce & Walton Family Center
- 1:30 Introduction of Staff- Merrill Field
- 1:40 Practice Session begins-Run and Stretch
- 2:00 Individual Skill Development by Position
- 2:38 Water Break
- 2:42 1 on 1’s (WR’s/DB’s & RB’s/TE’s/LB’s) O-Line & D-Line Individual Skill Development by Position
- 3:01 O & D Pass Game Organization
- 3:08 7 on 7 Pass Skelly ------ O-Line & D-Line Big Man Challenges
- 3:27 Water Break
- 3:32 Individual Skill Development by Position
- 4:10 Water Break
- 4:15 1 on 1’s (WR’s/DB’s & RB’s/TE’s/LB’s) ---- O-Line & D-Line Individual Skill Development by Position
- 4:34 O & D Pass Game Organization
- 4:41 7 on 7 Pass Skelly ------ O-Line & D-Line Big Man Challenges
- 5:00 Camp Farewell, Seniors meet with your recruiting Coach and Handing out of Camp Tee Shirts
- 5:10 Optional Campus Tour for anyone that is interested. (We will wait for everyone to be ready before we send out the tour. Please let us know at registration if you would like to go on the campus tour.
*Purple will be on offense & White will be on defense in the first half of practice. We will switch in the second half. Thanks for joining us for our prospect camp!
What to Bring:
- Field Turf Shoes
- Practice Shorts
- Workout T-Shirt - Please wear t-shirt from your High School program)
Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis so it is a good idea to enroll as early as possible. Once accepted campers will receive, along with their acceptance letter, instructions on where to find and download all required materials including medical, emergency contact, and parental permission forms. Updated immunization information (including dates) is also required prior to the camp.
The camp will be run by Head Football Coach Bob Rankl who is entering his 20th season at Alfred University. Coach Rankl lead the 2017 team to an 8-3 record. He lead the 2016 team to an undefeated regular season, an Empire 8 Championship and a trip to the elite 8 in the NCAA Playoffs. In the past 10 seasons AU has won more games than any one team in the Empire 8.
For further general information please contact the Office of Summer Programs at 607-871-2612. For specific camp information please contact the camp director, Coach Bob Rankl at 607-871-2302.
Alfred University is located in the peaceful village of Alfred in Western New York State. Surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful meadows and valleys, Alfred University is the perfect place to spend an enjoyable week doing something you love and meeting other students who share your interests.
The University may cancel any course or activity at any time because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled or postponed, the University will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for other costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.
Whether considering candidates for admission or financial aid, applicants for employment or the management of its policies and school-administered programs, Alfred University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or disability. Alfred University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.