Intermediate & Advanced Equestrian Day Camp
We are excited to offer in-person institutes & camps for Summer 2022!
Monday July 18th - Friday July 22nd, 2022
This Equestrian Day Camp is open to riders with intermediate to advanced levels of riding skills, ages 8 to 13:
- The camp runs from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday, 8:30-1 on Friday
- English and Western instruction is offered
- Campers are assigned a horse to ride during the week and are also involved with the hands-on care for that horse
- Each camper has two sessions of riding each day
- When campers are not involved in riding they will be busy with arts and crafts projects and other recreational activities as well as learning stable management skills
- A horse show will be held at the end of the day on Friday so campers can demonstrate for their families the skills they learned throughout the week
- Campers may bring their own horse if desired (should this be the case, campers must notify the Director prior to attending)
All of our equestrian residential and day camps are held at Alfred University's Bromley-Daggett Equestrian Center. This spacious equestrian center includes classrooms, viewing areas, a 200' x 800' indoor arena, 50 stalls and two outdoor arenas (200' x 100' and 80' x 100').
Sunday July 17th
Day Camp Fee:
Day Camp Enrollment Procedure:
To enroll in camp, please complete the online registrations form by July 17th. (We support the current and previous major releases of Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on a rolling basis.)
Theresa Shattan is the Coach of both our IHSA Hunt Seat team and IDA Dressage team. Theresa has been in the horse industry for over 22 years riding, working, and training. She has completed a Masters in Education and Bachelors in Equestrian Studies. Theresa strives to create a fun learning environment where her students can continually grow and develop their horsemanship skills both in and out of the saddle. Camp questions should be directed to Theresa.
Alfred University is located in the peaceful village of Alfred in Western New York State. Surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful meadows and valleys, Alfred University is the perfect place to spend an enjoyable week doing something you love and meeting other students who share your interests.
The University may cancel any course or activity at any time because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled or postponed, the University will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for other costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.
Whether considering candidates for admission or financial aid, applicants for employment or the management of its policies and school-administered programs, Alfred University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or disability. Alfred University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.