Virtual Camps - Summer 2021
Typically, Alfred University welcomes high school students to our beautiful campus each year to take part in popular co-ed, week-long, day-long, academic and sports summer camps and institutes. Due to the popularity of the below camps and our ability to instruct virtually while in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be offering them in a safe, online learning format in the summer of 2021!
- 21st Century Bodies in a Social World
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing): From Fundamentals to Applications
- Building a Portfolio: Creating Your Brand
- Creative Coding
- Creative Writing Institute
- Experimental Printmaking
- Exploring Chinese Culture & Language
- Exploring Drawing
- From iPhones to New Bones: Why Materials Science Is So Dang Cool
- Glass: Humankind's Most Important Material (and you can eat it)
- Introduction to Fibers - Structure
- Intro to Hip Hop Dance & Culture
- Looking at Art
- Music and Gaming
- Persist: Visual Protest Culture + Activist Artwork
- Queer History Uncovered: Through the Lens & Practice of Art
- Sound for Artists
- Special Collections: Cyanotype & Paper Exploration
- Transformational Bodies: Using Photography and Sculpture to Express Shifting Identities
On-Campus Sports Camps
- Basketball Day Camps
- Football Prospect Camps
- Men's Lacrosse Prospect Camp
- Swim Prospect Camp
- Tennis Day Camp
- Volleyball Prospect Camp
- Women's Soccer Prospect Camp
Alfred University is located in the peaceful village of Alfred in western New York State, where summer days are warm and nights are cool and comfortable. Surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful meadows and valleys, Alfred University is the perfect place to spend an enjoyable week learning more about a favorite subject and meeting other students who share your interests.
The campus, a 6-hour drive from New York City, 2 hours from Buffalo and 1 1/4 hours from Rochester, is easily accessible by car or bus from all directions and is located just five miles south of Interstate 86. The nearest major airport is the Rochester International Airport (about 65 miles north).
Whether considering candidates for admission or financial aid, applicants for employment or the management of its policies and school-administered programs, Alfred University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or disability. Alfred University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.