Alfred University at Corning Community College
Degree Completion Programs
Alfred University offers the unique opportunity for Corning Community College (CCC) students to complete an Alfred University bachelor’s degree at CCC in Corning, NY. Alfred University faculty teach select classes on the CCC campus to help you reach your educational goals.
We invite you to apply for transfer admission if:
You have completed a Corning Community College Associate’s degree and are interested in the following programs:
- B.S. Early Childhood Education
- B.S. Business Administration
- B.A. Criminal Justice
- B.A. Psychology
Alfred University, in collaboration with Corning Community College, is offering bachelor’s degree completion programs in early childhood/childhood education, business administration, criminal justice, and psychology. These programs have classes that primarily meet on the CCC Spencer Hill Main Campus and are designed for students who are unable to attend traditional residential colleges due to everyday life circumstances such as work, family, or the inability to relocate. To accommodate students in these circumstances, classes meet on weeknights or Saturdays. Hybrid courses (a combination of direct contact class meetings and online class meetings) are incorporated into the curriculum to allow students to complete the program within 2 calendar years, providing a student follows the established sequence for a particular major.
Financial aid is available by applying for state and federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students qualify for full-time financial aid if they are registered for a minimum of 12 credits per semester. Degree completion students are not eligible for merit based scholarships or Alfred University based financial aid.
Transfer Application Process Page
Any student who has attempted completion of any post-secondary studies is considered a transfer student and should file a transfer student application.
The following checklist of required documentation is provided to assist you in completing your application for transfer admission to Alfred University.
Application and fee deadlines
- General deadline - August 1
Complete an application form
- Apply online with the Common Application for Transfer Admissions
Submit an application fee
- The current application fee is $50(US).
Request college transcripts
- Official or certified transcripts are required from every institution you have attended, even if you withdrew before completing a semester.
- Alfred University only accepts credit from institutions accredited by one of the regional associations.
Request high school transcripts
- Official high school transcripts must be submitted by your high school counselor or college advisor.
- A notarized copy of a GED is also accepted.
Submit a personal statement or essay
- As part of the Common Application for Transfer Admission you are required to complete an essay. Your essay should describe why you are interested in transferring to Alfred University.
Request letter(s) of recommendation
- We require at least one letter of recommendation from an advisor or faculty member.
- Additional recommendations from work supervisors, coaches, pastors, etc. can be very helpful
Accepted Student Deposit
- This program is an Alfred University degree program. Students accepted into the program are enrolled in Alfred University and will earn an Alfred University degree. All students accepted to Alfred University must pay a non-refundable $300 enrollment deposit.
Associate Director and Coordinator
of Transfer Admissions