- BA: Psychology St. Bonaventure University, 2009
- MA: School Psychology Alfred University, 2009
- PsyD: School Psychology Alfred University, 2017
- Introduction to Psychology
- Communication & Counseling Skills
- Professional Preparation in Psychology
- Clinical Procedures
- Research Practicum
- Independent Study Research
- Independent Study Course - Intro. to School Psychology
- Group Dynamics (graduate School Psychology)
Research, Publications, & Presentations
- GRE Preparation (2015, September)
- Niceness is Priceless (2015, November)
- Introduction to Identity Development (2016, August)
- Clinical and Counseling Graduate School Options (2015, October; 2016, 2017, September)
- Stand up to Stigma (2016, October)
- Omicron Delta Kappa Induction Speaker (2017, April)
- Going First: The Implications of being a First in Family Postsecondary Student (2017, November)
- Alfred Girl Scouts Presentation regarding Bullying (2016)
- Alfred Girl Scouts Journey Award Presentation regarding Bullying (2017, April)
Research & Publications
- College Students with Disabilities
- Using The Seven Habits in Schools
- Brown, A., Chiappe, D., and Button, A. (2009, May). Working memory’s relationship with social contract status. Poster session presented at the Association for Psychological Science Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Button, A., Iwachiw, J., and Atlas, J. (2013, August). Academic consultation for college students with disabilities. Poster session presented at the American Psychological Association Convention, Honolulu, HI.
- Carosa, C. L., and Button, A.L. (2017, March). A literature review of characteristics and factors associated with mass murders. Poster session presented at the Eastern Psychological Association Conference, Boston, MA.
- Iwachiw, J., Button, A., Atlas, J., and Gaughan, E. (2012, August). The role of null results in school psychology research and publication. Poster session presented at the American Psychological Association Convention, Orlando, FL.
- Carosa, C. L., & Button, A.L. (2017). A literature review of characteristics and factors associated with mass murders. The Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, 25, 42-49.
Awards/HonorsExcellence in Teaching Award
Omicron Delta Kappa
Academic Fellow in Powell Leadership Grant
Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
Phi Eta Sigma
Carl Wagner Psychology Honors Award