- Doctor of Education, Higher Education Management, University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- Master of Science in Education, Higher Education Management, University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Master of Arts, Human Resources Management, Hawaii Pacific University, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, French and Spanish, Susquehanna University, 1999
BiographyDr. Guyer has twenty years of professional experience in higher education at both public and private institutions. Prior to Alfred, Dr. Guyer worked for ten years at Temple's Klein College of Media and Communication in Philadelphia, PA where she was the Vice Dean for Student Affairs. Previously, she worked at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA as the Director of the Student Resource Center and held various roles at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. She got her start in the field in Penn State University's Division of Student Affairs, University Park. She also served as the head cheerleading coach at Juniata College in Huntingdon, PA. She is an avid runner, having completed 3 marathons and more than 17 half-marathons. She's run races in 13 states. She also loves horseback riding and skiing and is an animal lover.
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- Dissertation: An Examination of First- to Second-Year Persistence of First-Generation College Students 2013