- AB: University of Rochester
- MS: University of Rochester
- PhD: University of Rochester
Specialties / Areas of Interest
- Earthquakes & Volcanoes
- Elementary Oceanography
- Field Methods in Geology
- Geology of Venus
- Lunar Geology
- Mineralogy and Petrology
- Physical Geology
- Sedimentation and Stratigraphy
- Structural Geology
- Tectonics, the Physical World
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- Emplacement of igneous intrusions, Interpretation of gravity data, Glacial and post glacial geomorphology.
- Pollard, D.D., Muller, O.H., and Dockstader, D.R., 1975, The Form and Growth of Fingered Sheet Intrusions: Bulletin of the Geological Society of America, 86, pp. 351-363.
- Pollard, D.D., and Muller, O.H., 1976, The Effect of Gradients in Regional Stress and Magma Pressure on the Form of Sheet Intrusions in Cross Section: Journal of Geophysical Research, 81, pp. 975-984.
- Muller, O.H., and Pollard, D. D., 1977, The Stress State Near Spanish Peaks, Colorado, Determined from a Dike Pattern: Pure and Applied Geophysics (PAGEOPH), 115, pp. 69-86.
- Diment, W. H., Muller, O.H., and Lavin, P.M., 1980, Basement Tectonics of New York and Pennsylvania as revealed by Gravity and Magnetic Studies: Proceedings “The Caledonides in the USA,” Department of Geological Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Memoir No. 2., D.R. Wones, editor, pp. 221-227.
- Muller, O.H., and Muller, M.R., 1980, Near Surface Magma Movement: Proceedings of the 11th Lunar and Planetary Sciences Conference, pp. 1979-1985.
- Muller, O.H., 1986, Changing Stresses During Emplacement of the Radial Dike Swarm at Spanish Peaks, Colorado: Geology, 14, pp. 157-159.
- Muller, O.H., 1988, Fractography Applied to Large Scale (m to km) Cracks in the Earth: Advances in Ceramics, 22, Fractography of Glasses and Ceramics, V.D. Frechette and J.R. Varner, editors, pp. 427-439.
- Participant : SEA Cruise W-120A, SSV Westward, January, 1992.
- Geologic Interpreter & Baggage Boatman, OARS 13 day Grand Canyon trip June, 1991.
- Visiting Scientist: SEA Cruise C-112, SSV Corwith Cramer, June, 1990.
- Geophysicist, W.A.E., US Geological Survey - May, 1978 to May, 1986.