- BS: Physics Mount Union College, 1977
- PhD: Astrophysical, Planetary and Atmospheric Sciences University of Colorado at Boulder, 1985
Specialties / Areas of Interest
- Introductory and advanced astronomy/astrophysics
- Calc and non-calc-based introductory physics
- Practical Optics
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- H alpha solar flare at high resolutions. Relationship between hard and soft x-ray signatures of solar flares.
- chromospheric and coronal magnetic field of the sun, including the ultraviolet nature of quiescent solar prominences.
- NSF funded project studying the H alpha solar flare at high resolutions, using video and video capture technology. Research being conducted at the Stull Observatory, Alfred University.
- Variable Stars
Vocal and choral music
Professional ExperienceAssociate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, 2000 - 2002
Coordinator Alfred University Institute for Science, Math, and Technology Education, 2002 - 2007
Coordinator, Oishei Foundation grant for Astronomy Education with Buffalo Public Schools, 2002 - 2006
Director, Stull Observatory, 1993 - present