In order to meet the NYSED requirements for initial certification, teacher candidates must take the following three NYSTE examinations. Candidates must have taken all three in order to register for EDUC 462.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Test (LAST $88) - Recommended for spring/summer of the sophomore year.
- Assessment of Teaching Skill - Written (AST-W $88) - Secondary, spring/summer of the junior year.
- Content Specialty Test (CST $88) - In certification subject, fall of the senior year.
- Two workshops: School Violence Prevention (SAVE) and Child Abuse Identification
- Fingerprinting clearance ($99) - Fall of the junior year.