Wilderness Immersion, Learning and Discovery
August 17 - 20, 2020
$200 includes all food, lodging, fees and supplies
Spend 2½ days learning about the local outdoor opportunities available for you here at Alfred University, taking a day trip to a nearby high ropes adventure course in Ellicottville, NY. This event will introduce you to your new surroundings while meeting friends who share your interest in the outdoors. This experience is suitable for beginners through experienced adventurers who are interested in spending some time in the outdoors of Western NY.
Our pre-orientation events will take place rain or shine, so be sure to pack appropriate clothing and footwear. Participants MUST participate in one of the Summer Orientation events to be able to participate in this event.
Hiking, kayaking, outdoor games, team building, high ropes and movies.
For a more in-depth look at what your WILD Orientation will be like:
Monday, August 17
- 9am and 1pm: check in at Bartlett Hall - Residence Life Office to receive your Residence Hall assignment. This will give you time to set up your room and visit any offices on campus that you may need to (Financial aid, Student Services or the Wellness Center). The first meal for this program will be dinner.
- 4:30: check in at the Center for Student Involvement in Powell Campus Center. Bus will leave from
there and travel to nearby Foster Lake.
- 5:00 to dark: BBQ, hiking and kayaking around Foster Lake
Tuesday, August 18
- Breakfast available at Powell Campus Center
- Hike at Grimes Glen State Park in Naples NY. Bus leaves at 9am (boxed lunch provided)
- Dinner “Build Your Own Pizza” with games.
Wednesday, August 19
- Breakfast available at Ade Dining Hall
- Sky High Adventure Park bus leaves from front of Ade at 9am (boxed lunch provided)
- Dinner available at Ade Dining Hall
- Movie Night at Spotlight Movie Theater in Hornell, NY. Bus leaves at 8pm from Ade Dining Hall
(participants are responsible for their own concessions)
Thursday, August 20
- Welcome Week Begins