The Alfred University Pledge guarantees students a pathway to graduate in four years. If you are unable to graduate after eight semesters or four years, and have adhered to the Pledge requirement, Alfred University will incur any additional tuition expenses until the Bachelor's Degree is complete.
Alfred University agrees to:
- Provide you the timelines for the declaration of our majors in order to assure your Pledge eligibility;
- Provide an advisement period prior to early registration, to discuss and plan to each subsequent semester to ensure you are successfully meeting the coursework required for your major program;
- Ensure that courses you need to complete your degree in a timely manner will be available.
- Provide you an annual audit at the conclusion of the spring academic semester that delineates your progression toward the degree in terms of your fulfillment of the pledge. If you are not meeting the requirements of the pledge, remedies to get back on track will be offered.
- Identify exemptions to the Pledge:
- Art & Design degree with Art Education minor;
For my part I agree to:
- Declare my major by the appropriate timeline;
- Complete the number of credits each year that will lead to successful 4-year degree completion:
- Before the start of my second year at AU, I will have completed 32 credits.
- Before the start of my third year at AU, I will have completed 64 credits.
- Before the start of my fourth year at AU, I will have completed 96 credits.
- By the end of my fourth year at AU, I will have completed at least 124 credits.
- Meet with my advisor prior to early registration each semester to determine the coursework/sections I need, and notify him/her as to any deviation from what was agreed upon to understand its implication as to my continued Pledge eligibility;
- Complete my course registration during early registration period each semester;
- Consult with my advisor beforehand if I intend to drop a course I am registered for or currently taking to understand the implication of that action and its impact on my Pledge eligibility and any available remedy to keep me eligible;
- Notify my advisor if I intend to change my major to understand the implication of that action and its impact on my Pledge eligibility;
- Be aware of circumstances that negate Pledge eligibility that are listed at the end of this agreement;