Alfred University welcomes applications for admission from students seeking to transfer from other accredited colleges and universities. We have found that the breadth of experience brought by students who have attended other institutions enriches the learning environment for all students at AU.
Transfer to Alfred University
Thank you for considering Alfred University! Whatever your reason for transferring, we are committed to making sure that you have the information you need to make a successful transition to AU. As a small university, we pride ourselves on providing you with the individual attention you deserve to make your transition to AU as seamless as possible. Should you have questions at any point in the process, please don’t hesitate to call our office at 800-541-9229. We’re here to help!
Transfer Application Dates
- Regular decision deadline - July 1
- International student deadline - March 15
- Art & Design deadline - March 1
- Regular decision deadline - December 1
- Art & Design deadline - November 15
- International student deadline - October 15
You should follow the transfer application process at Alfred University if you have:
- Completed/attempted credit hours at an accredited college or university
- Achieved a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated good social standing at the previous institution
You should follow the readmission application process at Alfred University if you attended AU in the past, have taken completed/attempted credit hours at an accredited college or university elsewhere, and are now interested in returning to AU.