Volunteers in Support of Alfred (VISA)
Want to support Alfred University's recruitment efforts? Every Alfred University alumni is invited to become a member of Volunteers in Support of Alfred (VISA)!
Personal connections make a tremendous difference to current and prospective students. Alfred's alumni are the University's greatest asset in these endeavors. VISA is a collaborative alumni volunteer program designed to harness the enthusiasm about Alfred University to help us meet our student's college and career goals.
Refer a Student to Alfred
Know of someone who'd love to get an "outside of ordinary" education and would be a great fit for Alfred University? Tell us about them!
Attract Students in Your Area
- Attend a local college event or reception
- Make career connections
- Send personalized greeting cards
- Drop off admissions materials at local high schools
- Write letters to accepted students from your personal or company letterhead
- Assist the Career Development Center and current students looking for a mentor, internship or job, reviewing resumes and conducting mock interviews
- Return to campus to speak to students, faculty, and staff
- Host prospective/accepted student receptions in your area
- Promote Alfred University on social media
- Work with University Advancement to help determine locations for small gatherings in your area