Volunteers in Support of Alfred (VISA)
Want to support Alfred University's recruitment efforts? Every Alfred University alumni is invited to become Volunteers in Support of Alfred (VISA) members.
Tell us about someone who would be a great fit for Alfred University. Admitted students will receive a renewable Alumni Referral Scholarship of $1,000 each year. The deadline is February 1, 2019 for the Fall 2019 class.
- Attend a local college event or reception
- Make career connections
- Send personalized greeting cards
- Drop off admissions materials at local high schools
- Write letters to accepted students from your personal or company letterhead
- Assist the Career Development Center and current students looking for a mentor, internship or job, reviewing resumes and conducting mock interviews
- Return to campus to speak to students, faculty, and staff
- Host prospective/accepted student receptions in your area
- Promote Alfred University on social media
- Work with University Advancement to help determine locations for small gatherings in your area
Personal connections make a tremendous difference to current and prospective students. Alfred's alumni are the University's greatest asset in these endeavors. VISA is a collaborative alumni volunteer program designed to harness the enthusiasm about Alfred University to help us meet our student's college and career goals.