Volunteers in Support of Alfred (VISA)
Personal connections make a tremendous difference to current and prospective students. Alfred's alumni are the University's greatest asset in these endeavors.
Every Alfred alumni is invited to become a Volunteer in Support of Alfred (VISA) member. This is a collaborative alumni volunteer program designed to harness your enthusiasm about Alfred University to help meet students meet their college and professional goals.
Alumni are the tangible outcomes of an Alfred degree. Your successes underscore the success of our programs and your collective voices have tremendous potential to help Alfred University and our students succeed.
Want to help?
Here are a few ways you can make a difference:
- Tell us about someone who would be a great fit for Alfred University. Admitted students will receive a renewable Alumni Referral Scholarship of $1,000 each year. The deadline is February 1, 2019 for the Fall 2019 class.
- Attend a local college event or reception
- Make career connections
- Send personalized greeting cards
- Drop off admissions materials at local high schools
- Write letters to accepted students from your personal or company letterhead
- Assist the Career Development Center and current students looking for a mentor, internship or job, reviewing resumes and conducting mock interviews
- Return to campus to speak to students, faculty, and staff
- Host prospective/accepted student receptions in your area
- Promote Alfred University on social media
- Work with University Advancement to help determine locations for small gatherings in your area