Volunteers in Support of Alfred (VISA)
Our VISA program offers several great ways for you to get involved and 'pay it forward'.
Personal connections make a tremendous difference to current and prospective students. Alfred's alumni are the University's greatest asset in these initiatives.
Want to help?
Here are a few additional ways you can make a difference:
- Communicate with students about your Alfred experience
- Attend a local college event or reception
- Send personalized birthday and holiday greetings
- Write congratulation letters to accepted students
- Host prospective/accepted student receptions in your area
- Send confirmation letters to students who submit their deposits
- Assist the Career Development Center and current students looking for a mentor, internship or job, reviewing resumes and conducting mock interviews
- Return to campus to speak to students, faculty and staff
- Ask us about our Purple City Boards (NYC, Washington DC, Rochester, Buffalo)
- Work with University Advancement to help determine locations for small gatherings in your area
- Host an alumni event
- Serve on the Alumni Council
- Have your story featured on the University website
- Promote Alfred University on social media