Frequently Asked Questions - please be sure to check back often as we will continue to provide additional FAQs.
- Complete and submit an electronic Health Screening Form by August 1
- Provide, if possible, a COVID-19 negative test result for a test administered no earlier than 3 days before your arrival on campus
- Face covering(s)
- Hand sanitizer
Yes. Students will be asked and reminded throughout the summer to bring face coverings/masks with them as they will be required to wear them any time they are on campus and within six feet of others.
- Students must wear face coverings/masks whenever they are in an academic or administrative building
- Students, staff and faculty will be required to wear face coverings/masks whenever they are on campus and not able to maintain six feet of social distance; in addition, faculty are required to wear a face covering/mask while teaching all in-person classes
- We expect everyone who comes on campus to observe safety protocols. This only works if we work together.
- Our Reopening Plan also calls for an updated conduct code and related policies to include compliance with COVID-19 public health requirements
The Wellness Center will be testing students who have symptoms. In general, the medical provide will do a rapid flu test to rule out the flu, prior to swabbing for SARS-CoV-2. Our protocol is to have students isolate while waiting for the test results. there are rooms set aside for this purpose. We will deliver meals to the student and do wellness checks regularly. We will also assist in alerting the student's faculty as to their absence from class.
The Wellness Center will also complete the contract tracing process, if a student tests positive and they will work collaboratively with our local health department. Additionally, we will ensure communication with academic affairs, the Dean of Student Wellbeing and Human Resources, as appropriate.
Textbooks are available at the Alfred University Bookstore OR through Banner. In Banner, go to your Student Schedule and Textbooks Ordering. On the bottom of the page, click Order Textbooks Online. This will take you to the bookstore website and show you your books for classes.
You can choose to purchase or rent textbooks. They have new, used and digital textbooks available. You can rent textbooks for a fraction of the cost.
Contact the bookstore with additional questions.