Prior to the return of students, staff, and faculty, all facilities will be reviewed and, as required, cleaned and repaired. In addition, signs, posters, sanitizing dispensers, and other safeguard systems will be reviewed and reposted across the campus and in all Alfred University facilities.
The University will employ regular cleaning schedules. Bathrooms in all academic and administration buildings will be cleaned and disinfected at least once daily; all cleaning and disinfection will be recorded in maintenance logs, and the Facilities department will review these logs regularly for compliance with standards.
- Hand washing receptacles and posted reminders regarding best practices for slowing the spread of infection remain place in bathrooms of all residence halls
- Mask reminder signs remain in all high traffic areas
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are installed in the common areas of all residence halls
- Classroom configurations have been returned to their pre-COVID state
- Class schedules and room assignments reflect the current relaxed standards relating to class sizes and social distancing
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations remain deployed in all high traffic areas
- Where requested by faculty, disinfectant spray bottles have been placed in classrooms, common areas, studios, and labs for use by occupants where needed
- Operations is collaborating with AVI Foodsystems (AU Fresh) staff to ensure that sneeze guards and other separators exist in all locations where “point to point” protections such as sneeze guards and other separators are required; signage will be posted to support their plan for food service operations
- Face coverings/masks are required in any dining hall/area when students are not eating
- Mobile phone and computer applications will be available for pre-ordering and pre-paying with dining dollars and credit/debit cards at all retail venues
- AU Fresh will work with Residence Life to provide meals for those students under quarantine or in isolation