We want to ensure that we keep Alfred University a safe environment for all our students, faculty and staff. It is of utmost importance that all members of our campus community take the proper steps and preventive measures to ensure that any impact of the coronavirus on our campus is mitigated.
Public health officials recommend the following steps to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses, including influenza and COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol)
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue and not your hands. Dispose of the tissue properly
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work and school
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home and do not travel or report to work
- Practice healthy habits: Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food
Alfred University also recommends faculty, staff and students practice “social distancing”— maintaining space between individuals and limiting physical contact (such as by shaking hands).