Program Director - Christopher Romanchock
Christopher Romanchock is an AU grad ('02 history, philosophy) who received his Masters in Education from Niagara University in 2004. Since then, he has taught social studies in public high and middle schools in Maryland and New York State. He is currently directing the CYLI Program as well as teaching several classes in the Division of Human Studies at Alfred University. He is involved in community service with the Andover Lions, Literacy Volunteers of Allegany County, and the Hornell Chess Club. Contact him for all things CYLI by phone 607.871.2700 or Email.
Two truths and one lie about Christopher:
- He has never seen a single 'Star Wars' movie.
- He has worked as a lascar, that is: a man hired to put up tents.
- He publicly sang Johnny Cash's "ring of fire" while a student at AU.
RJI Intern - Kim Watcke
Kim is a Doctoral Candidate in AU's psychology program who volunteers with the AU swim team in addition to her CYLI duties. Kim attended Saint Lawrence University for her undergrad degree and has been a competitive swimmer since she was three years old. Kim brings a commendable work ethic and wide based knowledge of child development to CYLI.
Two truths and one lie about Kim:
- She published a study while an undergraduate.
- She is missing nine teeth.
- She has never tasted coffee.
RJI Intern - Alana Nosar
Alana is a native of Jasper, NY with a wide-ranging background in childhood education, including experience with students with special needs as well as gifted and talented children. Alana is in the second year of her Doctorate program in School Psychology and will be helping CYLI implement the Kids 2 College curriculum in regional middle schools.
Two truths and one lie about Alana:
- Her sister is 21 years her junior.
- She has never been to New York City.
- She lived, briefly, in Texas.
Program Assistant (Intern) - Nicholas Rampersad
Nicholas Rampersad is an AU undergrad majoring in history with a minor in education currently in his senior year. He is also one of the leaders of the AU baseball club team and a tutor in the history department. Nicholas was all-city baseball player in his adopted city of New York and brings that energy and leadership experience to the table.
Two truths and one lie about Nick:
- He was a competitive swimmer in High School.
- His favorite movie is 'the Notebook.'
- He is originally from England.
Program Assistant (Intern) - Zack Block
Zack is an AU undergrad working on a degree in early childhood education in his senior year. Zack is interested in Archery and brings a wide variety of expertise to the table. He will be assisting in the development of the the Career Cluster Bomb and Lego Armageddon Programs.
Two truths and one lie about Zack:
- He lived in a house with wooden fire escapes.
- He played hockey as a puck stop.
- His favorite day of the week is Thursday.
Data Technician (Graduate Assistant) - Jeff Acor
Jeff is a Grad student at AU enrolled in the early childhood and adolescence curriculum, seeking New York State Certification in Grades 1-9. Jeff is a native of Canisteo and played three sports throughout high school and two while an undergraduate in Brockport's History department.
Two truths and one lie about Jeff:
- He was scouted to play for a Division I team in baseball.
- He attended Harvard University as an Undergraduate.
- He has a younger brother named Fud.
Volunteer Coordinator (Graduate Assistant) - Joel Buchannon
Joel is a grad student in Education who has a long history with the Children and Youth Learning Initiative- he volunteered with the organization in its early days as an undergrad- and we are glad to have his experience and talent back with us as a paid intern. Joel will be handling volunteer relations, so if you are interested in helping CYLI his will be the first face you see.
Two truths and one lie about Joel:
- He owns his own contracting business.
- He has always wanted to be a teacher.
- He owns a cross-eyed badger as a pet.
Program Assistant (work study) - Jordyn Larkins
Jordyn is an AU undergrad working on a degree in communications, this Rochester NY native is a veteran of the Strong Museum of Play and brings great energy and humor to the program. Jordyn runs track as a sprinter and is also running cross country for Alfred University this year.
Two truths and one lie about Jordyn:
- She attended a private high school outside of Rochester.
- She was MVP of her track team in High School.
- She has three dogs waiting for her at home.
Program Assistant (work study) - Chelsie Rader
Chelsie is a an AU undergrad in her senior year studying Psychology and Counseling. She is committed to community service and has helped with Habitat for Humanity projects as well as Green Alfred, the AU environmental group. She has also worked in Alfred-Almond Elementary school. She will be assisting Jeff in handling data returns as well as directly aiding the field day programs.
Two truths and one lie about Chelsie:
- She loves animals.
- She is the only member of the CYLI team to also work for AU residence life.
- She is deathly afraid of spiders.