To apply, students should select AU Campus MSEd Counseling as their degree program on the graduate application form. Students do not have to choose their counseling specialty (School Counseling or Mental Health Counseling) until the second semester, as this is when the specialization courses begin.
Students should submit the following to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- the completed application form and fee;
- three letters of recommendation;
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework;
- scores from the GRE general test if undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- a brief personal statement of your program interest.
In addition, because of the high level of maturity, sensitivity, independence and flexibility necessary in the program, an on-campus interview is required. You'll be contacted for an interview once all application materials have been received.