Extensive interaction between students and faculty members encourages the personalized learning process that is vital in the training of school psychologists.
Alfred University's program is designed to develop professionals who possess the personal characteristics and academic competencies necessary for serving the psychological and educational needs of children, adolescents and families. We provide training in the following areas:
- Psychological and educational foundations
- Assessment and intervention with cognitive, academic and social-emotional-behavioral problems
- Consultation/indirect service
- Professional identification and functioning
- Statistics and research methodologies
Satisfactory academic performance, personal and professional development during the first year, as well as success on a qualifying examination given at the end of the first year are required for admission to the second year of the program.