Faculty and Staff
|Position Title:||Temporary PT Hunt Seat Coach/Program Instructor|
|Responsibilities:||The duties of the Hunt Seat Coach/Program Instructor will include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
* Coaches the varsity Hunt Seat Team, including selection of team members; making entries for horse shows; arranging for transportation and lodging for team members and attending all regular and post-season shows.
* Works with Director in the selection and solicitation of appropriate horses to be used in the Hunt Seat Program as well as the care and management of the Hunt Seat herd.
* Manages all IHSA Hunt Seat Shows at the Equestrian Center including post-season shows.
* Teaches advanced classes in Hunt Seat riding and/or academic/theory classes.
* Works with Director to oversee instruction and development of Hunt Seat riding classes and curriculum related to the Hunt Seat Program.
* Develops contacts with regional and nationally known professionals to aid in the improvement of the Equestrian Program.
* Works with the Admissions Department in recruiting and meeting with prospective students interested in the Hunt Seat Program in addition to attending recruiting events such as Equine Affaires that are held during the academic year.
* Contributes news and updates about the Equestrian Program to social media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
This appointment is for the academic year and is considered a part-time position.
|Requirements:||Bachelor's Degree or related work/certification in field.
Must be able to drive a truck and horse trailer and haul horses short and long distances and must be able to load horses onto a trailer.
Must be able to work independently. Ability to maintain regular and prompt attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position.
|Experience:||Must have experience with riding and training horses in English riding as well as experience in a college equestrian program.
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, one of which is a previous supervisor, to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will continue until position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.