Faculty and Staff
|Position Title:||APEX Advisor (PT 20/Hrs. Week)|
|Location:||Career Development Center|
|Responsibilities:||The APEX Program Advisor is a newly created part-time (20/hours week) position which will report to the Director of the Career Development Center. This position will coordinate the logistics of the new Applied and Experiential Learning Program (APEX) at Alfred University. This program will allow students to apply for funding to engage in work experience and study/research opportunities to enhance their career decision-making, increase their opportunities after graduation and inspire them to find their passions in life.|
|Requirements:||Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Additional knowledge/skills required:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presenting.
* High level of professionalism; able to interact effectively with everyone from interns to CEOs.
* Willing to travel (up to 10%) and work outside normal work hours to support departmental events and respond to the needs of students.
* High level of computer expertise, including database administration, career-related internet sites, proficient in Microsoft Office, and various social media platforms.
* High level of confidentiality required in all matters.
* Must be deadline-oriented and committed to quick, accurate turnaround of assignments.
* An outgoing customer service-oriented style, effective in building relationships through in-person, phone and online networking required.
* High level of cultural sensitivity and strong interest in working with a diverse population.
* Willingness to develop as a professional in an office that must be responsive to changing job markets and career/student development trends.
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, exhibiting strong time management skills, strategic thinking, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
|Experience:||At least three years of experience in collegiate career services, college advising, human resources, internship coordination, marketing, business administration, or related fields preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, one of which is a previous supervisor, to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will continue until position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.