Faculty and Staff
|Position Title:||Project Manager, Facilities/Capital Projects|
|Location:||Alfred University Facilities|
|Responsibilities:||Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Project Manager should possess the detailed working knowledge and understanding of the practices and principles of the design and construction processes for all Alfred University Schools and Colleges. The Project Manager will serve as representative/liaison to external entities including architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, vendors and various community entities. The Project Manager will participate in project planning, project scope development, project cost estimation and scheduling. The Project Manager will become part of the capital project team that implements Alfred University's construction goals.|
|Requirements:||Bachelor's Degree in construction management. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
Additional Knowledge/Skills required are:
* Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, building codes, operating and maintenance instructions and project manuals.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and project schedules.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various constituencies.
* Strong math skills.
* Ability to analyze problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of University goals.
* Ability to manage and organize multiple projects of varying size.
* Knowledge of laws, codes and regulations relating to building construction, design and specifications including New York State Building Codes.
* Good understanding of the design and construction process.
* Ability to inspect construction sites for compliance with applicable standards, codes and regulation.
* Ability to read blueprints, schematic and construction drawings/plans.
* Ability to work with a diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of college students and staff.
|Experience:||Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in construction management.
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, one of which is a previous supervisor, to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will continue until position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.