Faculty and Staff
|Position Title:||Procurement Operations Manager
|Alfred University seeks qualified candidates for the position of Procurement Operations Manager. The Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of procurement policies and procedures. The position shall ensure that goods/services are obtained in the most resourceful manner while complying with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. The Manager is responsible for the effective supervision and development of staff in the areas of procurement services and mail services.|
|Requirements:||* Bachelor's degree in a business-related field and seven (7) years of experience in procurement management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* Three (3) years supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of purchasing information systems and corresponding best practices.
* Experienced at contract review and development.
* Comprehensive knowledge of procurement policies and procedures, including the preparation and development of RFPs.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and students within a university setting.
* Certification such as CPSM or CPPO
* Experience in higher education
|Experience:||Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin March 23, 2018 and continue until position is filled.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.