Jobs at Alfred
|Position Title:||Procurement Support Assistant|
|Location:||Office & Procurement Services|
|Responsibilities:||As a member of campus procurement initiatives, incumbent will promote central procurement to the University community. Incumbent will champion procedure improvements, use of contracted suppliers, and materials management techniques designed to reduce campus-operating costs.|
• Promote the use of central procurement services by campus personnel.
• Monitor campus-purchasing activities for compliance, service needs, etc.
• Review, assemble and process procurement documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Assist customers in completing procurement forms and transactions.
• Screen inquiries from vendors regarding bids, bid addenda and bid results.
• Maintain confidentiality of information as required.
• Support preparation of complex requests for bids or proposals. Attend and record results of formal bid openings.
• Maintain automated system e-catalogue content and ensure it is updated.
• Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
• Schedule meetings and resolve problems.
• Serve as reference help desk for customers for all queries and issues for eProcurement users.
• Work closely with Accounts Payable and Research Accounting.
• Prepare routing correspondence as well as specialized and recurring reports.
• Act as backup to Mailroom Clerk in their absence.
• Maintains a safe working environment within and around their facilities and associated equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, obtaining Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information pertaining to any hazards associated with their work environment.
• Safety: Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
• Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned
|Requirements:||Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.|
Full knowledge of MS Office and other computer programs is required. Banner experience is preferred. Ability to work in a high paced, customer oriented environment required along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
|Experience:||Minimum two years business experience - prefer previous purchasing experience and one-year database experience. Experience navigating an ERP (Banner) or related system required, with ability to interpret data. Incumbent must have proven ability to utilize computer information systems. Procurement and digital materials management knowledge and systems utilization is highly desirable.|
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, one of which is a previous supervisor, to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will continue until position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.