Jobs at Alfred
|Position Title:||Mental Health Counselor (10 Month)|
|Responsibilities:||The counselor provides a range of services to help the Alfred University community meet the psychological, educational, and development needs of students. Responsibilities include individual and/or group counseling for students; crisis response; participation in the after-hours on-call rotation; consultation for students, faculty/staff, parents, etc.; outreach/programming; training; and committee participation. This position is held within an integrated center, which consists of a multidisciplinary team of counselors and medical professionals (e.g., nurse practitioners and nurses).|
• Clinical service to students: Individual, couples, and group counseling; intake assessments; crisis response; triage; and referrals
• Collaboration with public safety and/or residence life in after-hours emergency response, as well as Critical Incident Debriefing.
• Consultation: Faculty, staff, administration, parents, student organizations, community.
• Involvement in various outreach events to students and student groups.
• Programming: Provide psycho-education about mental health, emotional regulation, relationships, eating concerns, substance abuse, sexual assault, and other topics of concern related to the welfare of students.
• Provide training to professional staff, student staff, and faculty.
• Committee participation, as needed.
• Develop and maintain positive and professional customer service, to include relations with all constituents on campus and in the community, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
• Collaboration with medical providers, as needed, to ensure holistic healthcare for students.
• Maintains a safe working environment within and around the facilities and associated equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, obtaining Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information pertaining to any hazards associated with their work environment.
• Safety: Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
• Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
|Requirements:||Must possess a Master’s Degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or Social Work by start date.|
National Certified Counselor certification through the National Board of Certified Counselors preferred. Temporary permit in the State of New York. Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Professional Counselor preferred.
|Experience:||At least one year experience as a mental health clinician. Experience counseling special populations, to include those at-risk for suicide, substance abuse, and victims of sexual assault. Prior experience working in college counseling is preferred.|
Knowledge or experience with scheduling and documentation in Medicat or other electronic health record system. Knowledge related to emergency hospitalization procedures and community resources preferred. Knowledge of the Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral, and Treatment (SBIRT) model.
This is a regular, full-time, ten month position paid over ten months.
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, one of which is a previous supervisor, to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will continue until position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.