Jobs at Alfred
|Position Title:||Operations Associate I|
|Responsibilities:||As part of the Admissions Operations Team, this position performs daily clerical duties that supports the strategic goals of the Division of Enrollment Management. The Operation Associate I will maintain a professional appearance and maintain positive relationships within the office setting and the larger University community.|
The Operations Associate will be responsible for processing student information and records through all stages of the student lifecycle in the campus-wide systems; Banner and Slate. The Operation Associate I provides back-up to all operational staff members as needed and assists in the supervision of student workers.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Answer incoming phone calls and assist callers with accurate information or call transferring
• Process incoming mail and prepare outgoing mailings for the division; admissions acceptance packets, scholarship letters and deposit packets in a timely schedule
• Manage the inbox and outbox of the shared Admissions email account
• Maintain database of college fair invitations and off-campus registrations
• Provide travel support for Admissions Counseling Team on the road
• Assist in supervising and training student worker assistants with office duties
• Process credit card transactions and registration fees for enrolling students
• Provide support for large on-campus Admissions Events
• Other duties as assigned
|Requirements:||High school diploma required, post-secondary educational experience preferred.|
Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, with a commitment to customer service. Strong keyboarding skills; experience with Microsoft Office Products (Access, Excel, and Word); ability to work independently with minimal supervision; strong commitment to working with accuracy.
|Experience:||Prefer candidates with experience working in higher education or an office setting with expertise with handling confidential information. Minimum evening and weekend hours, but some flexibility is required.|
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, one of which is a previous supervisor, to Alfred University, Human Resources, One Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802; or email email@example.com. Review of candidates will continue until position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.