The WLC is a grateful recipient of a research gift from Ms Sherry Walton ('80, '88) and Mr. Charlie Joyce. The Research in Women's Leadership Endowment at Alfred University is created to provide support for research initiatives at the Women's Leadership Center (WLC). The goal of this endowment is two-fold:
- To provide students with hands-on experience with the full spectrum of academic research into women's leadership issues, and
- To provide a signature program for women's leadership at Alfred University.
Previous research has included sexual harassment and wage inequity, both of which were sponsored in part by the American Association of University Women.
Future Research topics may include:
- History of women’s leadership at AU
- Develop core competencies matrix of women’s leadership
- Develop a coherent theory of women’s leadership
- The intersection of creativity, intuition and leadership
- Inequity in education administration
- Impact of leadership training on career choice and efficacy
- How a weak economy impacts family dynamics when women, due to the nature of their employment, assume greater economic leadership
- Super-girl syndrome
- Women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields and leadership training
Questions about research initiatives of the WLC should be emailed to the Director of the WLC.