|In Honor of:||State Senator Patricia K. McGee|
Alfred University received $10 million from New York State as a match to a $25 million gift from Marlin Miller Jr., a 1954 alumnus of Alfred University as well as a member of its board of trustees and a chairman emeritus, to bring the McGee Pavilion to fruition. The building was named for the late State Senator Patricia K. McGee, who died in 2005, in recognition of her assistance to the University.
The McGee Pavilion is the newest facility for the School of Art and Design at Alfred University and in 2012, received the International Architectural Award from The Chicago Athenaeum/Europe. On the lower floor, the 20,000-square-foot building house flexible ceramic classroom and studio spaces. The second level houses new sonic arts, video and interactive arts studios. The third and fourth floors are the Robert C. Turner Student Gallery and a “black box” exhibition space for electronic media.