Western Equestrian CampJuly 12 - 17, 2020 Cost of Camp: $930 Residential; $775 Commuters
Complete the online Registration form at https://app.campdoc.com/register/alfreduniversitysumcamp
Deadline May 1, 2020
This camp is a week-long overnight summer camp for riders ages 14-17. This camp will focus instruction on western riding instruction and horsemanship based on the gifts and needs of the participants. Campers will have lots of fun, refine their skills and have plenty of time to get to know the horses and each other!
Alfred University equestrian camps offer a wonderful opportunity for all levels of riders from beginners through advanced to define and achieve their personal riding goals during an exciting, fun-filled week. Campers can bring their own horses or use AU's great lesson horses. Campers will ride and care for the horse throughout the week as they refine their skills - with an emphasis on having fun and enjoying our beautiful natural surroundings while learning! Our Equestrian camps are held at AU's Bromeley-Daggett Equestrian Center. This spacious equestrian center includes classrooms, viewing areas, a 200' x 80' indoor arena, 50 stalls and two outdoor arenas - 200' x 100' and 80' x 100'.
Structure of the camp:
- The staff will work with campers individually to help them define realistic personal goals at the beginning of the week and their lessons are then directed toward helping them achieve those goals
- We will have two riding sessions each day and in the evening we vary the schedule to include more riding instructions, a campfire and fun at a local lake and a selection of group recreational activities
- A student show will be held at the end of the week to allow riders to demonstrate the skills they have learned for their parents, their instructors and other University staff
- Camp fee: $930 which covers room and board from dinner on Sunday through lunch on Friday, instruction, supervision, program materials, evening recreational activities, T-shirt and either the use of Alfred University horse or the boarding of the camper's own horse
- Campers arrive on Sunday and check-out after lunch on Friday