Dean of Students Graduate Assistantship
7.5 HOURS/WEEK GRADUATE ASSISTANSHIP WITH THE DEAN OF STUDENTS
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Extremely reliable and dependable
- Professional attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficient; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with database systems a plus
- Assists the University in meeting regulatory compliance as it relates to federal and state regulations particularly around Title IX, the Office of Civil Rights and the Department of Education.
- Identifies and integrates best practices in the Title IX investigation arena into knowledge base and practice. Stays abreast of current movements in field of student conduct investigations and monitors changes and developments in the law regarding sexual harassment, gender-based discrimination and other items addressed by Title IX, the Clery Act, and any other legislation or regulations by participation in listservs; reviewing current literature and research.
- Assists in developing training materials for the Equal Opportunity Board and share best practices in the field to the larger Alfred University community.
- Collaborates with the Dean of Students, Health and Wellness Educator and other campus partners to identify and address any systemic problems relating to complaints.
- Applies statistical analysis methods and tools to track and document cases of sexual assault, sexual misconduct and harassment to collect data for purposes of determining problems, issues, trends and patterns.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of on and off-campus partners to ensure progressive and effective education and prevention initiatives are provided, particularly with the Health and Wellness Educator.
- Assist the Dean of Students in developing an infrastructure for planning, directing and evaluating educational programming in the areas of in the areas of sexual assault prevention, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking for students
- Assist in the development of a Campus Climate Survey
- Presentation opportunities
- Experience creating professional reports
- Opportunity to learn collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of specific federal and state regulations
- Excellent experience to include in resume, cover letter, and interviewing
- Transferrable/Marketable skills
For more information, please contact:
Norm Pollard, Ed.D., Dean of Students