Living learning experience
Ann's House, built in 2009, is registered with the U.S. Green Building Council.
It was awarded Gold level LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building certification.
Learn more about Ann's House.
Learn more about LEED certification.
To the right of Joel's House snuggled on Pine Hill, Ann's House offers peace and serenity from the rest of campus.
Ann's House is labeled 55 on the campus map.
The energy-efficient house features (among others):
- Solar panels to provide at least 8 % of electricity used
- High-efficiency heating system
- Low VOC (volatile organic compound) flooring,
caulking and paint
- Low-e, thermopane windows
- Soy-based foam insulation
- LED lighting (and TVs!)
- Heat-recovery exhaust system
- Regionally grown building materials
- Natural stone and cement composite siding
- 48 beds
- 2 single rooms share a bathroom
- Large kitchen and dining room
- Lounge on each floor with flat screen TVs
- Laundry facility
- Air hockey
- Outdoor and indoor composting
- Covered recycling area
- Large parking lot
- Juniors and seniors only
- Must sign up through Room Selection
- Sign up in pairs
- Can be co-ed
For more information contact:
Office of Residence Life