On the outside, this Alfred University landmark looks much the same as it did when it was built in 1851, but inside, it has been completely renovated to provide office space for Admissions (undergraduate and graduate), Financial Aid, The Robert R. McComsey Career Development Center and Information Technology Services.
Statistics and History
- Constructed: 1851
- Restoration: 1985
- In this building:
About this Facility
Originally used as a chapel, Alumni Hall has also been an auditorium, a classroom (alumni love to tell stories about having Western Civ classes there at 8 a.m.), laboratory, gymnasium and movie theater.
The building is listed on the National and State Historic Register.