- 1 Saxon Dr, Alfred, NY, 14802
Bromeley-Daggett Equestrian Center
Equine classes, student boarding, varsity and JV teams for both English and Western disciplines, clinics and horse shows are all offered.
About this FacilityThanks to the generosity of Alfred University Trustee Rob Daggett '81, Catherine Bromeley Daggett '58, and Peter '67 and Maris Cuneo, AU has a state-of-the-art equestrian facility that opened in August 2005.
Thanks to a generous donation from Maris Cuneo, a new 60' x 120' pole barn (clear span) with an overhang for equipment storage has been added to the facility. The barn is being used primarily for hay storage and the rest of the space will be available to set up stalls to use for quarantine or for horse shows.
The spacious facility located on 400 acres is within a five-minute drive of campus. Although transportation is not provided by the University, students have no problem arranging for rides. The Equestrian Center has:
- Viewing areas
- 200 x 80-foot indoor arena has wall mirrors as well as footing comprised of sand and crushed rubber
- Two lighted outdoor arenas:
- 240 x 120 feet
- 120 x 90 feet
- 56 stalls accommodate:
- Over 40 university-owned horses
- 14 horses belonging to university students who want to board their own horses
- 28 electric camper hookups available for trailer parking
- 40 acres of turnout fields