- BA: English, minors in history and creative writing University of Alabama, 1994
- MA: English and Creative Writing University of Tennessee, 1997
- PhD: English and Creative Writing University of Cincinnati, 2001
Specialties / Areas of Interest
- Creative Writing, Poetry
- Twentieth-Century and Contemporary American Fiction and Poetry
- Southern Literature
- Popular Culture and True Crime
- Alfred University College of Liberal Arts & Sciences First-Year Experience Program
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- Poetry collections (books): Honeymoon Palsy (Measure Press, 2017); Roleplay (Dream Horse Press, 2012) The Man Under My Skin (River City Publishing, 2005)
- Poetry chapbook: Anne Boleyn's Sleeve (Winged City Chapbook Press, 2013)
- My poems have appeared in numerous anthologies and journals. I have also published several personal essays.
- My humor writing has been published at McSweeney's Internet Tendency, The Belladonna, The Millions, and elsewhere.