"I believe that our role is to provide a dynamic environment that inspires innovation and curiosity while honoring individuality and tradition."
- Lauren Lake
- MFA, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BFA, Honors in Art Education, University of Florida
BiographyLauren Lake is the Dean of the School of Art and Design and the Performing Arts Division at Alfred University. Prior to this appointment, she was the Chair of the Department of Studio Art at the University of North Texas, Chair of the Department of Art & Art History at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and concurrently served as the Associate Director, Graduate Chair and Director of Graduate Studio Studies at the University of Florida School of Art and Art History. She is a board member of the National Council for Arts Administrators (NCAA) and has served CAA as a member of the council of readers and assisted with mock interviews. Lake’s core values of safety, inspiration, and sustainability frames her administrative goals and leadership vision. Her artwork has been exhibited internationally in numerous exhibitions. She received an MFA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Art Education from the University of Florida. Further professional development includes the HERS Leadership Program at Bryn Mawr College, certificates in Diversity & Inclusion and Women in Leadership from Cornell University. Lake was the recipient of a 2014 Fellowship from both the National Council for Arts Administrators and the International Council for Fine Art Deans and received the 2007 Southeastern College Art Conference Excellence in Teaching Award.
- HERS Leadership Program Bryn Mawr College
- Diversity & Inclusion Certificate Cornell University
- Women in Leadership Certificate Cornell University
- Fellowship National Council for Arts Administrators 2014
- Fellowship International Council for Fine Art Deans 2014
- Excellence in Teaching Award Southeastern College Art Conference 2007