- PhD: Economics State University of New York at Buffalo
- MBA: International Business George Washington University
- BA: Economics Yonsei University
BiographyA little about me:
- Global Dimension of Management
- Strategic Management Simulation
- Introduction to Economics and Markets
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Managerial Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Policy Formulation and Administration
- Seminar in Economics/Finance
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- "Impact of University Scientists on Innovations in Nanotechnology," with J. Kim and G. Marscheke, forthcoming in KDI Series in Economic Policy and Development, Sanghoon Ahn and Bronwyn H. Hall (eds), A Joint Publication of the KDI and Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, 2014, p. 141-158.
- "Educational Policy of Ethics in Business Schools in Korea," with Seong-Hoon Lee, International Journal of Policy, July 2014
- "Industrial Development, Financial Development and Regional Economic Growth in China," with Seong-Hoon Lee, Yonghoon Jung and Junyeop Lee, July 2014, Journal of Economic Research and Education
- "International Diversification with Small-Cap Stocks: Mean-Variance Spanning Tests," with Seong-Hoon Lee and Jong-Mun Yoon, Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Volume 15, Special Issue, Number 2, 2011
- "Research Scientist Productivity and Firm Size: Evidence from Panel Data on Inventors," with J. Kim and G. Marschke, Pacific Economic Review, Vol. 14, Issue 4, pp. 516-531, October 2009
- "Measure of R&D Success and Market Value of Firms in the U.S. Pharmaceutical and Semiconductor Industries," with Seong-Hoon Lee, Journal of International Business Research, Vol. 8, Special Issue 2, 2009.
- with J. Kim and G. Marscheke, "Relation of Firm Size to R&D Productivity," International Journal of Business and Economics, 2009, vol.8, no.1.
- with Kim, J., & Marscheke, G. "International Knowledge Flows: Evidence from an Inventor-Firm Matched Data Set," in Science and Engineering Careers in the United States : An Analysis of Markets and Employment, Richard B. Freeman and Daniel F. Goroff (eds), Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press for NBER, 2009, p. 321-348.
- "A Business Model for the Country Club of Mendon," AABRI Journal of Case Research in Business and Economics, March 2009, Vol.1
- with Kim, J., & Marscheke, G. (2005). "The Influence of University Research on Industry Innovation," NBER Working Paper Series (No. 11447)
Awards/HonorsNBER-Sloan Dissertation Fellowship, National Bureau of Economic Research and Alfred P. Sloan Foundation (2003-2005)
Faculty Research Grant, Alfred University
Howard R. Neville Professor of Economics