- BS: Electrical Engineering Harbin Naval Engineering Institute, 1978
- MS: Physics Hangzhou University, 1981
- PhD: Physics SUNY Buffalo, 1987
Specialties / Areas of Interest
- Main focus is related to thin film coatings. Coating facility includes: 1. ion-assisted electron-beam deposition; 2. pulsed DC, DC and RF sputtering; and 3. RF plasma aerosol mist deposition. Thin film materials include oxides and nitrides. Substrate materials are single crystals, ceramics and glass. Substrate shapes can be flat, cylindrical and wire-like.
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- Ion-assisted electron beam deposition of oxide films.
- Pulsed DC sputtering of nitride films.
- RF plasma aerosol mist deposition of oxides.