AU's Vision, Mission, & Values
Alfred University will be an innovative leader in the delivery of academic excellence and enduring educational value, preparing all students for success in their studies and throughout life.
The mission of Alfred University is to provide excellent quality and enduring value through academic and co-curricular programming that is both intellectually challenging and practically relevant. We are culturally diverse and student-centered, and aim to serve an ever-changing student population. We seek students with the aspiration and dedication to do well for themselves and for their greater communities. Thus, we prepare our students with the knowledge, skills, and life-habits that will enable them to succeed, and to live lives of continuous personal growth and service to others. These outcomes are achieved through a commitment, by the entire Alfred University community, to teaching and research, the pursuit of scientific and technical expertise, artistic creativity, and humanistic learning.
At Alfred University, we value:
- A learning environment that promotes open exchange of ideas, critical thinking, global awareness, technological literacy, intellectual honesty, and community involvement;
- A work environment that promotes open communication, recognition of achievement, and the development of personal potential;
- Research and scholarship that advance the frontiers of knowledge, contribute to graduate and undergraduate teaching, and demonstrate creativity in all fields of endeavor;
- Diversity in people and cultures, ideas and scholarship;
- A campus that is safe, attractive, and promotes health and wellness;
- A caring community that respects each individual, fosters intellectual curiosity and growth, promotes and models good citizenship, and encourages enlightened leadership.