- MFA: Technical Theatre Production, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005
- BA: Architectural Studies and Art, Connecticut College, 2002
BiographyZachary Hamm is the Technical Director for the Performing Arts Division and the Miller Performing Arts Center at Alfred University. He teaches in the Performance Design and Technology program. Annually, the program supports two dance productions, three theatre productions and over ten music events in the Miller Performing Arts Center. In the past ten years. three of the theatre productions have toured to the regional KCACTF festival. In addition to teaching stagecraft he has been responsible for the design and technology component for Alfred University’s residential High School Theatre Institute for the past eight years. He works with Angier Performance Works on site-specific installations, most recently “Framing New York” on Governor’s Island, NYC. Active at Alfred University since 2007, Zach earned his MFA in Production from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and subsequently served as Assistant Technical Director, and lectured in the graduate program for two years. He spent two years with Heritage Repertory Theatre in Charlottesville, VA first as Assistant Technical Director and then as Technical Director. His work has been selected for the USITT Tech Expo and he is active in its Safety and Health Commission. In addition to working for Alfred University, Zach Hamm is a firefighter, EMT, and past chief with over a decade service with the A.E. Crandall Hook & Ladder Co. of Alfred, NY. Zach is also a hiker, woodworker, leatherworker, avid reader of mysteries, and a cook.
- PDAT 120 Technical Theatre
- PDAT 224 Entertainment Lighting: Electricity and Equipment
- PDAT 225 Woodworking Techniques for the Stage
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- AUTHOR - "ANOTHER BLOODY KNIFE," TECH EXPO, THEATRE TECHNOLOGY EXHIBIT, United States Institute For Theatre Technology Stage Expo & Conference 2009, page 30. CO-AUTHOR -"SNOWING LEAVES," TECH EXPO, THEATRE TECHNOLOGY EXHIBIT, United States Institute For Theatre Technology Stage Expo & Conference 2007, page 48.
Affiliations & Memberships
- A.E.Crandall Hook & Ladder Co. , Alfred, NY