- PhD: Mathematics, Binghamton University (SUNY), Binghamton, NY, 2003
- MA: Mathematics, Binghamton University (SUNY) Binghamton, NY, 2000
- BS: Mathematics, Physics Minor, summa cum laude, Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 1998
Research, Publications, & Presentations
Research & Publications
- On flipping first-semester calculus: a case study, International Journal of Math Educ in Sci and Technol, Vol. 47, No. 4 (2016), 573–582
- How to turn calculus inside out and upside down, New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal, Vol. 64, No. 1 (2014), 26–27.
- On Generalizing Transitivity, Persistence, and Sensitivity, Ricerche di Matematica, vol. 62, no. 1, 2013, pp. 127-137.
- Notes and Numbers: A Duet, New York State Mathematics Teachers' Journal, vol. 62, no. 2, 2012, pp. 78-85.
- Counting Subgroups in a Direct Product of Cyclic Groups, College Mathematics Journal, vol. 42, no. 3, 2011, pp. 215-222.
- The Embedding of CAP-subgroups in Finite Groups, Ricerche di Matematica, vol. 59, no. 1, 2010, pp. 97-107.
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography, NY State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal, vol. 59, no. 3, 2009, pp. 137-142.
- Goursat's Other Theorem, College Mathematics Journal, vol. 40, no. 2, 2009, pp. 119-124.
- The Anatomy of a Math Competition, New York State Mathematics Teachers' Journal, vol. 57, no. 3, 2007, pp. 86-89.
- On the Length of Finite Simple Groups Having Chain Difference One, Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 88, 2007, pp. 297-303.
- CAP-subgroups in a Direct Product of Finite Groups, Journal of Algebra, vol. 306, no. 2, 2006, pp. 432-438.
- The Cover-Avoidance Property in Finite Groups, PhD Thesis, Binghamton University, 2003.
Awards/HonorsJoseph Kruson Trust Fund Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2008
Joseph Kruson Trust Fund Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2010
Affiliations & Memberships
- The Mathematical Association of America,
- The American Mathematical Society,
- Seaway NExT (New Experiences in Teaching),
- Pi Mu Epsilon (National Mathematics Honor Society),
- Sigma Pi Sigma (National Physics Honor Society),
- Phi Kappa Phi (National Honor Society),
Professional ExperienceAlfred University, Professor of Mathematics and Cole Professor in Mathematics, 2016 to Present.
Alfred University, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Cole Professor in Mathematics, 2010 to Present.
Alfred University, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, 2005 to 2010.
Franklin & Marshall College, Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics, 2003 to 2005.
Binghamton University, Instructor of Record, 1998 to 2002.
Binghamton University's Educational Opportunity Program, Instructor of Record, Fall 2000.
Wilkes University, Instructor of Record, Summer 1999.
Areas of Concentration
- Finite Group Theory
- Subgroup Properties
- Subgroup Lattices
- Direct Products of Groups