Graduate Art Portfolio
The following instructions are only for students applying to the Master of Fine Arts (MFA) program in the School of Art and Design.
The portfolio, completed application, and all required supporting documents must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office by January 15.
All MFA applicants: must submit the required portfolio of 20 images online, via SlideRoom. Detail images count toward the total of 20. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office with questions regarding portfolio submission, or if your work cannot be formatted to display properly on SlideRoom.
- Medium, dimensions, and year created must be included in the description of each piece
- Images of your work should be of high quality and formatted for SlideRoom viewing
Files can be submitted as follows:
- Images max dimension of 1024 px @ 72 dpi. (up to 5MB each) - .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
- Videos (up to 250MB each) - .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
- Audio (30MB each) - .mp3, .wma, .ogg, .flac -Video and Sound pieces must be no longer than 5 minutes.
For further information and specifics on Media submission visit SlideRoom Program Settings
Ceramic Art and Sculpture/Dimensional Studies MFA applicants must submit the required portfolio of 20 images online, via SlideRoom. Detail images count toward the total of 20. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office with questions regarding portfolio submission.
Electronic Integrated Arts MFA applicants: The portfolio may be submitted using SlideRoom, disc/tape, or a combination of both. Please note that SlideRoom does not support the submission of interactive works, animation, or videos over 60MB. Links to websites and online pieces may be posted to SlideRoom. MFA-EIA applicants working primarily with video are encouraged to submit the portfolio on disc or tape for the best presentation of your work. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office with questions regarding portfolio submission.
You may upload images (jpg), video (mov, wmv, flv), music/sound (mp3) or PDF documents. For good image quality and fast upload, image files should be sized with a maximum dimension of 1024px @72dpi. Please keep video files under 60MB. There is a nominal, non-refundable fee for this service. SlideRoom's online portal offers additional instruction for submitting work. For technical assistance, please email Slideroom directly.
Depending on the individual work, the MFA-EIA applicant's portfolio may be a combination of the following digital files:
- Prints, videos, animations, sound pieces, interactive works, installations, websites, or other appropriate work.
- Excerpts from longer video or sound works are strongly encouraged, along with complete works when appropriate.
PowerPoint and Keynote are acceptable formats for MFA-EIA portfolios submitted on disc. Acceptable file types include:
- For audio works: AIFF, WAVE, or MP3.
- For video works: mov, wmv, flv, MPEG4, Mini DV or HDDV tapes.
- For digital prints, we recommend jpeg files, sized no greater than 1MB per file.