Campus Recruiting Policy
Campus Recruiting Policy
The Career Development Center at Alfred University adheres to, and requires all employers using our services to adhere to, the NACE Principles of Professional Conduct. Alfred University provides career development services to all students, graduates, and alumni on an equal opportunity basis. We do not knowingly provide any CDC services to persons, firms, agencies, or organizations that discriminate in their selection of candidates or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, or veteran status, or other prejudices.
All employers are required to sign an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy or provide the Career Development Center with a copy of their policy.
The Career Development Center fully supports all students. We work with organizations that do not discriminate in their selection of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, veteran status, or other marginalized identities. We support the activity of campus groups working toward social justice and appreciate organizations with inclusive recruiting, hiring, and employee retention programs.
Third Party Recruiters
By using our services, third-party agencies/recruiters must meet and agree to the following requirements and terms:
- The third-party agency/recruiter does not charge the student a fee at any time for services provided.
- The third-party agency/recruiter has a specific job for which it is recruiting (i.e., it is not building a pool of applicants for future positions.) If, because of confidentiality reasons, the employer for whom the agency is working and the specific job title does not appear in the posting, the agency/recruiter must disclose that information to the Career Development Center staff.
- Resumes received from the Career Development Center (CDC) will be used to fill ONLY the position for which they were sent to the third-party agency/recruiter.
- Career Development Center staff will not pre-screen candidate resumes. All resumes received for a specific position will be forwarded. The third-party agency/recruiter can help the CDC by clearly stating the specific requirements that are being sought in candidates.
- All contact with students will be handled in a professional manner, and the student's disinterest and/or refusal is final.