A student internship is an integral component of Alfred University's College of Business curriculum. While classroom knowledge is important, employers look for students who have practical experience and AUBiz is committed to giving students that ‘edge’. Internships can provide real world experience and may even lead to job offers when you graduate.
- Eligibility - Students who have successfully completed their first year are eligible to participate in the School of Business Internship Program.
- Time-frame - Internships are normally completed during the summer months. For each hour of credit the student is required to work 60 hours. Actual hourly and weekly work arrangements are determined with the site supervisor.
- Compensation - Compensation paid to the student is optional, depending on the capacity of the host organization to provide stipends. Payment is negotiated between the student and the host organization.
- Grading - Grades are assessed based on complete, timely submission of all required documentation for the student's internship activity. The final learning report is weighted most heavily.
- Snider Hockey Foundation, which is part of the Comcast-Spectacor, Philadelphia based sports and entertainment firm
- Hansen QP, Syracuse, NY
- Catholic Charities of Steuben County/Turning Point, Hornell, NY
- Bull Finch fund Inc./Carosa Asset Management LLC, Menden, NY
- McNeil Music, Vestal, NY
- Syracuse Chiefs Baseball Team, Syracuse, NY
- Port, Kashdin & McSherry CPAs, Cortland, NY
- AXA Advisors, Clifton Park, NY
- Sealing Devices, Inc., Lancaster, NY
- Mahoning Valley Scrappers, Niles, OH
- Atlantic Records, NYC
The following internships have been done in the past:
- UBS Financial Services, Inc., financial intern, Weehawken, NJ; Warwick, RI
- V1 Private Jets, business administration intern, NY, NY
- General Dynamics, Bath Ironworks, co-op buyer, Bath, ME
- Euro RSCG Life PR, marketing intern, NY, NY
- Enterprise Rent-a-car, customer service intern, Albuquerque, NM
- The Penn Traffic Corp, technology intern, Syracuse, NY
- Pathways to Housing, accounting intern, Bronx, NY
- Merrill Lynch, marketing strategy intern, Pittsford, NY
- Eckerd Corp, business functions intern, Liverpool, NY
- Travelers Property and Casualty, IT/MIS intern, Buffalo, NY
- City of NY Parks and Recreation, marketing and special events intern, NY, NY
- Ridgefield Bank, marketing intern, Yorktown Heights, NY
- Scarborough Beach State Park, business functions intern, Scarborough, ME
- Aktiv Assekurance, logistics intern, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Harris Interactive, market research intern, Rochester, NY