Light Matter Film FestivalPrepare to embark on a visual journey like no other as "Light Matter," the celebrated Experimental Film and Media Art Festival, returns for its third annual edition in the picturesque village of Alfred, NY, from November 3rd to 5th. Curated by James Hansen (Assistant Professor of Art History; School of Art and Design), this year's festival promises to be a mind-bending experience, showcasing the work of both emerging and established artists from around the globe.
With over 90 films and more than 1000 minutes of programming, "Light Matter" pushes the boundaries of experimental cinema and media art. It is a celebration of the avant-garde, where visual storytelling takes on new and exciting forms. This year's festival boasts a diverse selection of films and programs, ensuring there's something for everyone.
For film information, please visit www.lightmatterfilmfestival.com
ABBREVIATED PROGRAM SCHEDULE
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3 (HOLMES AUDITORIUM)
- 4:30 PM – Program 1 (100 minutes)
- 7:30 PM – Program 2 (124 minutes)
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4 (HOLMES AUDITORIUM)
- 1:00 PM – Program 3 (60 minutes)
- 2:30 PM – Program 4 (80 minutes)
- 4:30 PM – Program 5 (94 minutes)
- 7:30 PM – Program 6 (177 minutes – screened in Two Parts)
- Part Two begins at 9:30 PM
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 5 (NEVINS THEATER)
- 1:00 PM – Program 7 (263 minutes – screened in Two Parts with an additional breather)
- Part Two begins at 4:30 PM
(Statement prepared by AI)
Program Sponsored by School of Art & Design, Expanded Media, Institute for Electronic Arts, Art History. All programs are in-person and free to attend. There will be no virtual components.
Press inquiries and additional questions can be directed to email@example.com.