Work Study Policy
The Alfred University Athletic Training Department offers Federal College Work-Study employment positions for athletic training students enrolled at Alfred University. The Alfred University Athletic Training Department follows the guidelines set forth by the Alfred University Financial Aid Office. Students seeking work-study employment must first meet the requirements set by the Alfred University Financial Aid Office. Students are allowed to work 1-15 hours per week based on financial need.
Athletic Training Students are hired through the work-study program as clerical assistants. Student workers cannot receive payment for hours worked while serving in the capacity of an Athletic Training Student. Payment will only be granted to a work-study student performing duties outlined in the clerical assistant job description.
The job description/responsibilities of a student work-study clerical assistant ar listed below:
- Make any necessary photo copies of relevant material as assigned by certified athletic training staff
- Perform various typing duties
- Assist with data entry
- Aid in the maintenance and cleaning of athletic training facility
- Filing of student athlete medical/insurance information
- Deliver and pick-up material to/from appropriate Alfred University
- Serve as models for Athletic Training Department Educational courses
- Various other duties as assigned by certified athletic training staff
Students enrolled in the work-study program must present financial aid eligibility card to the Head Athletic Trainer. The Head Athletic Trainer will then approve or disapprove the athletic training student for employment. The Alfred University Athletic Training Department is only allotted a certain number of work-study hours to eligible work-study students.
Any questions regarding financial eligibility should be directed to the Alfred University Financial Aid Office. Questions pertaining to work-study employment in the Alfred University Athletic Training Department should be directed to the Head Athletic Trainer.